Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Down :)

So I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.8 lbs. Now, I realize that this is not all real weight loss, but it makes me feel good about the work that I have done the past two days. I know that sounds so silly, but it has been challenging. I love food... and I eat when I am stressed out. And I have a lot of stuff going on right now. Such as:
  • My Great-Aunt passed away this past weekend. She was almost 90. My Gram passed away almost 2 years ago and now there is only one sister left of the 5 siblings. Its sad to watch an era slowly pass away. And seeing Margaret only a week before... very sad. We knew she would go soon but I was hoping to see her one more time and get to spend some more time with her. In addition, she morphed to look a lot like my Gram in the past year, and that brings up a lot of sadness. 
  • I got a new job. It's going to be about an hour away from my home and that stresses me out. Leaving the field I work in stresses me out. I'm really really looking forward to it, but change can be hard. 
  • My husband is switching jobs to a night position. I do not love this for all the reasons you can imagine, especially having 2 young children at home. So I'm not looking forward to that. 
  • I've got a number of things going on right now - helping to facilitate a conference, preparing for a mentoring informational session, etc. Many irons in the fire, so to speak. 
  • I've got a HUGE to-do list of things to get done before I go back to work and lose all this "free" time. I have been working on it pretty hard-core but it is a substantial list. And the idea of not having this kind of time, and having 2 part-time jobs in addition to a full time job, two kids, a husband, and a home to take care of, is a little stressful. 
  • I know that it's "on" and I've got to lose some weight to get the surgery. This is my saving grace but is a stress-er, too.
 It is going to be a challenge to do this but I will get there. Right??? Right????

No comments:

Post a Comment