Friday, April 29, 2011

Making Some Progress

So I finally got my "good" WLS letter from the medical center I am going through. They really make you jump through hoops to do this. I am doing it as quickly as I possibly can because I am scheduled to lose my job in June and I would like to get this done while I have good insurance. I'm not sure that I am going to be able to make it.
So the things I have to do:
5/5/11: New Patient Orientation Class
5/10/11: Eating For Life Class # 1
5/17/11: Eating for Life Class # 2
Then I can schedule an appointment with the Dietitian. And after that hoop, I get to meet with the surgeon to be evaluated. There is no way I am going to make it by the middle of June. Blah.
The other things that they need to do:
1). Get a medical clearance letter from my doctor. I will call on Monday.
2). Attempt some weight loss. I will start Wednesday. More on that later.
3). Obtain a copy of my insurance policy- done.
4). Start an exercise program- done.
5). Watch 2 videos on the surgeries - done.
6). Plan ahead to pay a $500 deposit. This sucks. I'm not sure how to get this done.
7). Seek out info on which surgery to have and make a decision- Done (Lap-Band).

So #2. I have the new patient orientation on Wednesday so I will weigh in then. I'm not going to go crazy between now and then but I am not going to be consciously trying to lose because at the beginning of weight loss you lose more so I want that boost to be a part of my 5% loss they're requiring of me. So I need to lose like... 16? pounds or something. They will tell me next week. And the surgeon will, too. Losing is not going to be easy. Of course. It never is. But when I did Weight Watchers about 5 years ago I was able to lose 85 lbs. So I am going to focus on doing what I can, exercising as much as possible, and doin' the work.

I am glad to be making some progress on this. Waiting for the letter was so hard for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment