Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bottom of the Gutter

Today felt like I was at the bottom of a gutter. I received my layoff notice. Now, I knew this may be coming. But I did not expect to get it to today and I did not expect my final day to be June 3rd.

So I cried. A lot. I work in an office mostly by myself... long story. No one else was around today and so I got to slobber and drip by myself. But it was hard. It feels like a failure. The funding for the federal grant that has paid for my position for a year is over. There may be some other options but as of now, I will be unemployed in a month. The organization is looking as being changed legislatively (Friday will tell us a lot more) and so ... everything just seems like such a mess.

And in the back of my mind, with all this news, I keep thinking how I can't loose my insurance! My insurance totally covers Lapband (except for a $100 co-pay) and so I am terrified that I am going to get a crap insurance at a future job and not be able to do this and that would be just awful!

Tomorrow is my new patient orientation. I am going to ask them if there is any way to get it done sooner rather than later. I am sure they will say no. But it cannot hurt to ask. I am willing to do all the steps that it takes to get it done... lets just speed this up people!

No comments:

Post a Comment