Saturday, April 13, 2013

Making a bit of progress

So lately I have been making a bit of progress. I know that I continue to focus on the scale numbers but they simply still do matter to me. They are only one measure of my progress and they continue to be important to me. I weighed in yesterday, my weigh in day, at 196.4. For a total of 114.6 lbs lost. It's surprising to me since I've been indulging in some Easter candy (yes, still), but I'm glad for the progress.

I am still sick. I've been reading online review of Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred, and I want to do it. But I'm not going to until I feel a bit better. My ear is full of fluid and has been for about 10 days. I've been sick for about 8 weeks with a cold that turned into a sinus infection. I'm so tired of being sick, and taking medication, and not feeling well, and not being able to hear well. Now there is an echo-y sound in my ear kind of like those fake microphone tube things that children talk into. It's real fun. And yesterday I had to pick my son up from daycare as they called to tell me he had a 101 fever and wasn't acting himself. He seemed fine at home, though a little warm, and had no problems last night. But this morning he coughed in his bed before getting up quite a few times... and I feel like my nose is stuffed and I might be getting it. Could that seriously happen? I'm ready for spring and more time outdoors and open windows. But for now we run the pellet stove in hopes that soon we can retire it for the season. Last night we got snow (just a dusting) so I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

As a family one evening we did go for a walk this week down to the playground. My husband had never been to that particular playground (we usually walk up the hill to the bigger one) and the boys had a ball. Though we only stayed about 20 minutes, it was nice to get some fresh air. After reading a NY Times article about the importance of talking to your children, we've decided to make sure the TV is off for the night by 6:30. At the end of the day when you're tired and you haven't stopped, its hard to turn off the TV when it's placating the children... but we'll do it because it's whats best for them. Oy.

Alright... off to prep lunch for the boys. The exciting life I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment