Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Realization

So today my son and I went for a walk. We took a long one (when is it ever 75+ in Maine in MARCH?). Anywhozle, on the way back he got tired (or really slowed down and I got tired of the slow walk) so I picked him up and carried him on my shoulders. So I'm walking up a little hill, nothing big, and I realize that I'm doing okay with it. Now William is 4 1/2. He's probably about 45 lbs. So I'm thinking about this and then I realize that not only have I lost 50 lbs, but that is more than my son weighs that I was carrying on my shoulders. Go me!

I also got 2 compliments in the past week. Took fifty f-ing pounds to get 2 compliments, but people are starting to notice. However, the GINORMOUS ice cream cake my husband got me on my birthday is not helping me to progress! I can't wait till it's out of here... but I'm not throwing it away. I'm having a little slice each night. Ice cream is pretty much my favorite food ever and I am not getting rid of this. Moderation's the name of the game, right?

So the exercise and the compliments inspired me to lift some weights at home tonight. Little baby steps, right? I've been consistently at 259 or so for about a week. So 52 lbs lost.

Oh-- so Salt and Vinegar Almonds-- super good and addicting-- beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment