Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pre-Op diet: Day 2.

I hate to say it like this, but I am already cheating. To a very low calorie count, but still. I need to figure out how this is going to work best.

See, I got home and warmed up a lean cuisine for supper (per the diet instructions). And ate it. And then I was going to make a protein shake later. But I've already had two today and wasn't thrilled by the idea of it. Especially since I've had 80 grams or so of protein already. So I had about 1 oz. of turkey keilbasa and 1 sf mouse cup with a dollop of whip cream (like 1/2 teaspoon or less). And a bite of rice. So probably around the 200 calories that the shake would have been. I just wanted something to eat instead of the damn shakes. I don't like them that well. It's not that it tastes bad, it's just that I like food. Hence, the current situation.

So while I wasn't perfect today, I did avoid the candy in the office, the cookies at our open house, etc. I never even had a piece of halloween candy at work (or at home-- I had 3 small ones on halloween and none before or after-- I'm a rockstar on that one because boy are they easy to eat! and, there have been tons around).

Today's scale was pretty okay. Down to 292. In 1 pound I will have lost 20 lbs pre-op. Perhaps I'll see that tomorrow?

I did go for a walk today. Twice. It's such a pain in the ass to do. But when I do it, I feel better every time. And then I think "this is what normal people do all the time."

Fake it till you make it, right!?!

I am just so ready for this period to be over. At some point I will take some pictures. Probably the day before surgery. I'm starting to get excited. Especially reading some of the success stories. They blow me away. I'm looking forward to it :)

2 comments:

  1. Believe me ... the pre-op is the hardest (and my pre-op wasn't that difficult) .. so by hardest I mean - hardest mentally. A few more days and you will have passed the most difficult part. Do you best - you want your doc to have the easist possible time with the surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! New follower here - thanks for your comment on my blog. I am going to look into that book, it might be just what I need right now. My brain is pretty over active at times - and I really should look into an IUD, as my husband and I are choosing to remain childless...good thoughts - thanks for your input! And it sounds like you are doing just fine with your pre-op...just take it moment by moment...

    ReplyDelete